Mar 1, 2011

2011 Oscars Best Dressed

I have been waiting for this year's Academy Awards for so long- and you know what they say,

the bigger the expectation, the greater the disappointment.

I will throw in a disclaimer here that, like every other awards ceremony this year, not everything was bleh-

I have four absolute favorites, and many of the others that landed on the Best Dressed lists of People, InStyle, Elle, etc. were just not wow- enough to make it to my list. Désolé.

And now for the four Oscar looks worthy of a Glitter post!

1. Reese Witherspoon


I loooove the ultra feminine Reese looks on the red carpet, but for the Oscars she went against every expectation (of frilly details an cascading trains) and channeled 60's chic in this Giorgio Armani Privé gown. Her high, flirty ponytail added the right vintage vibe, and her choice in jewelry was impeccable, with emerald and diamond earrings that added that dainty pop of color. She's newly engaged and I assume the amazing glow she has comes from nothing other than- love.

2. Mila Kunis


There's a good reason why I noticed this look right away. Mila wore a coutoure gown by Elie Saab, one of my absolute favorite designgers! This Black Swan star is quickly rising as a red carpet fashion pro, and for the Oscars she went for feminine yet memorable with this lilac number. The lace detailing keeps this look demure and classy, but the daring cuts on the cleavage leaves this modern and not too conservative. Love!

3. Amy Adams


This red head beauty landed on every best dressed list, and with one look at the gown, you understand why. Amy wasn't afraid to mix jeweled tones in her look. From her fiery hair to her sparkling blue L'Wren Scott cap-sleeved gown to her emerald and diamond jewelry, Amy's look was anything but subtle. The gown revealed nothing but her arms but this look was still sexy from head to toe. I've always loved turquoise jewelry on the red carpet, but emerald may be my new favorite!

4. Halle Berry


My god, I had to save this for last. Halle is still rocking her signature pixie cut that always gives her that sexy tough girl vibe, but she looked anything but masculine at the Oscars, in this breathtaking nude Marchesa gown with a dramatic ruffled train. I love the way the dress shows off Halle's amazing, toned shoulders and arms, with a nice contrast with her healthy tan. With a little help from the dainty diamonds on her ears and finger, she only needed that killer confidence she's so well known for (and which shows through every picture taken of her!) to make every fashion obsessed viewer want more of Halle Halle and Halle all night long.

***

I really wish I could have had another rave post on Anne Hathaway, but her red vintage Valentino gown that supposedly stole the show was just not impressive to me.

Nonetheless, these four stars up above left me content for the night, and ready for a break from the awards season. Sometimes we need less glamor and more chic realway fashion.

May 2012 bring even more glitter to the carpet!

Sealed With Glitter,
CN

No comments:

Post a Comment