Jun 25, 2011

Collection Rave: Jason Wu 2011 Resort

Colorful palettes are all over the friggin place for spring and summer-
and don't get me wrong, I love my turquoise and hot pinks and pastel sky blues-
but plain white and black works magic all year round. 

Jason Wu is definitely a familiar name- I think I've often seen celebrities like Kourtney Kardashian and Reese Witherspoon (whom I both adore) wearing some of his cute cocktail numbers. This is my first official post and mention of the brand though, because I was completely in love with his new resort collection this year- very cute, preppy, and just fresh.

For this collection there is a lot of black and white with a mix of grays as well- but then of course he throws in some acid yellow and burnt coral to still make it very summery.

I love everything about the clothes- probably because I would buy every single piece if I could- they are so me!

So enough of me raving, here are my top picks:


I love the crisp, yet girly cut of the dress. The length is not so short either.
And then the cobalt blue touch!


Very cute, don't you think?
I've never thought of matching a necklace over a buttoned up blouse like this- which especially looks good because of the color contrast. I love the bag too! And then the sandals- I see an overriding trend of some very simple, strappy sandals for this season. It's a different kind of strappy from what we are used to, though. Nothing criss-crosses, they just strap the feet down horizontally. This one has three straps on the ankles, the ball of the feet and on the toes. I've also seen plenty with just two straps- on the ankles and the toes.


Very cute again. One of my favorites!


LOVE the purse.


I love the contrast in this look. The blouse is simple, buttoned up to the top- somewhat of a conservative, "safe" look. But then matched with a mini leather skirtVoilathis look is not so boring compared to what could have been like paired with, for instance, a pencil skirt. 



Pleats are fashionable!



My absolute favorite! I love the cute tuxedo look- and I love how the acid yellow chandelier earrings match the clutch! I would completely wear this look to a party- stand out in the crowd of floor-length gowns!


The finale. Very sweet-

Picture credits go to Elle.com

***

Gotta love summer!
Enjoy every minute of it, ladies.

Sealed With Glitter,
CN

1 comment: