Feb 19, 2011

2011 Grammys Best Dressed

Maybe I'm meant to wait for the Oscars for the UL-TIMATE red carpet fashion moments,
because for the most part, the Grammys this year was a little - meh.

Before I say I'm disappointed, I wanted to break down my 6 five looks from the Grammys.
Despite my big frown by the end of the show, I still thought some of the looks were blog-post-worthy! And..uh..Lady Gaga wasn't one of them.

1. Rihanna


I always picture Rihanna as the tough girl-next-door, but for this year's Grammy's she went to appeal her feminine side- and while keeping the risky style she's so well known for! I love how sexy/provocative yet feminine/glamorous she looked in this just-off-the-runway Jean Paul Gaultier gown. Choosing white was smart, especially when Rihanna's sporting fire-engine red hair that couldn't have looked better with the dress. I wonder how she pulls it off: leaving very little to the imagination yet keeping it classy.

2. Katy Perry


I am no fashion risk-taker myself, but I admire Katy because she's exactly the opposite. Katy Perry wore Armani this night, and looked ethereal. Have you ever heard of a sexy angel? I haven't- until now! I think she chose the cropped bra top and the shiny elongated skirt to flatter her figure. And then the bra top just had to be bedazzled with jewels and she just had to add those angel wings- just because it's Katy Perry and she doesn't want to go for the tradtional dress-and shoes-and-clutch bore.

3. Heidi Klum


Heidi looked like a goddess- no literally, in form of a statue in this gold Julien Macdonald gown. This look was beyond perfection with the deep back cut and the dainty shoulder detailing that showed off her amazing shoulders and arms. Then it's Heidi Klum, so her amazing body just had to be a bonus contributing factor, don't you think?

4. Kim Kardashion


My, my, the hottest reality star is here. Now, to be perfectly honest, I don't even know why Kim Kardashion keeps showing up to the GRAMMYS and the SAG AWARDS when all she has running for her is...Keeping Up With the Kardashians? With that said, I still love Kimmy- no really, and her entire family including Rob and Mason and the whole deal. I think sometimes she goes a little off for red carpet fashion, because she fails to dress to flatter her figure. (e.i. a strapless Marchesa gown that flows straight from bust to toe? Great for Nicole Riche but disastrous for Kim K.) She's not a stick-skinny model, so she needs a very specific kind of dress with a specific kind of cut. And a custom adjusted bust and booty size. But I think Kim nailed it at the Grammys with this gold Kaufmanfranco gown that huged every inch of her curvy body. Then there's the signature hair and the bronze-goddess-looking makeup and the nude pumps you never go wrong with. Good job.

5. Nicole Kidman


I gasped both out of fear and relief when I saw this gown- AFTER I saw Rihanna's. The same designer, same collection, and ALMOST the same design. phew! If she had worn the same gown as Rihanna- I don't even want to think about it, it's too painful! Anyhow, I loved Nicole's version of the Jean Paul Gaultier gown. Of course, this multi-colored one suited Nicole's skin tone far better, and the design of it (being completely covered in the torso and peek-a-boo exposed towards the legs) fit Nicole's demure and elegant style far better. So, good choice! I like how she added minimal jewelry to this extravagant gown, and her golden locks were simply flawless as usual.

6. Selena Gomez


Selena's so young and sweet, but I'm amused and even impressed by the several red carpet looks she's been pulling off over the past couple of weeks. Not bad, not bad at all! At the Grammys Selena channeled sexy yet age appropriate with the- wait for it- J. Mendel metallic gown. The girl is not only cute but has similar taste as I! This could opt for a good mermaid moment in my book. I like how the only "skin" she's showing is a tiny bit of cleavage and her arms. And then I love the champagne and white diamond earrings. A+! 

All picture credit to Instyle.com

***

I think I should say that no, the Grammys fashion wasn't entire bad, but I think it could have been better. But then there's still the Academy Awards and ...the OSCARS!!!

The Best Dressed lists shall continue..

Sealed With Glitter,
CN

No comments:

Post a Comment