Feb 12, 2011

LD Series: The Little Nude Dress

If you are a girl or boy even slightly interested in the world of fashion,
you should/would have heard about the LBD- AKA the Little Black Dress.

Coco Chanel herself is the inventor of this fabulous term,
where, in essence, every girl should own a LBD of her own.

I'm thinking of starting the LD Series- the Little Dress Series, because
the LBD is not the only LD that should exist in every girl's closet.

The term LWD has become very popular over the past few years
(which I'm already planning a post on,) and I think there are several LD's that I should mention- for they are almost always fail-proof.

Today I want to talk about the LND- the Little Nude Dress.
Nude is a flexible color- it can range from 'creme' to 'beige.' It isn't as stark and bridal-like as white, and it delivers a soft-focus feel that doesn't draw attention to every inch of your body.
It may not be the first "LD" that comes in one's mind, but in my book, the LND is your safest bet if you're looking for clean, simple and sexy without being risk-ay.

You can see for yourself how flattering the "nude" shade can be.


I love Lauren Conrad- her style to be saved for another post of its own!
I wanted to start with a more casual LND, and this sweet strapless dress with an A-line skirt shows that nude goes great with neutrals- camel for instance! I love the belt matching the strappy heels- tres perfect for a summer picnic!

'

This look worn by the fabulous fashionista Kate Bosworth is one of my favorite LND looks.
While nude goes great with neutrals for the more casual settings, this one proves that it goes even better with pops of vivid color for those occasions where you want to stand out.
This off-the-shoulder number looks was worn with little accessories- just putting accents on the red heels and matching red lips. Simple glamor!


Diane Kruger is another chic fashionista whom I love.
This particular Chanel embellished LND was completed with dainty accessories.


Jennifer Connelly in the LND.


This Dior strapless dress worn by Kate Moss still remains in one of Kate's best dressed moments.


Who said a mid-calf length dress was a fashion mishap? Cate Blanchett in the LND.


I loved this one-shouldered gathered mini dress (again paired with neutral colored sandals)
and when I looked up the name of the designer, I wasn't surprised to see it be a Marchesa number. This dress was a very pretty mix of nude and peach- and very age-appropriate for the young actress as well!


I love cream lace dresses- I have one for myself! This look-again worn by Diane Kruger- looked so feminine and demure with the ruffle draping. The dress also gives it a sexy edge because it's slightly see-through, but Diane kept it classy with a white bandeau-bra. Paired with must-have nude stilettos, this look shall remain in my personal all-time best dressed looks!


Another look by LC! I remember this look landing on an issue of People's Who Looked Hot This Week, and I couldn't agree more! This simple long-sleeved LND was a safe choice, and I love how LC paired it with again, minimal accessories and nude caged shoes. I couldn't help but notice that LC wore this to a Covergirl sponsored event, which brings to mind that this look is simply easy, breezy and beautiful!


I saved my favorite look for last! I adore Rachel McAdams. She is not only gorgeous, but she's never afraid to take fashion risks. Nonetheless, Rachel chose to go for the fail-proof LND for this look. I had to search high and low to figure out that this fabulous dress is designed by Emanuel Ungaro. This LND has everything a LND should have- the simplicity, the femininity, the elegance, the versatility...everything! I love how Rachel added the pop of color with her yellow satin clutch, while elongating her legs with nude peep-toe pumps. The watermelon colored lipstick brightened her face too. From head to toe, I am in loveee.

***

Overall, I love everything about the LND. If you're looking for a demure date night outfit that would show the ultra feminine side of you, this is the best piece you can invest in.

And I think I proved it true that nude doesn't always have to be provocative.

Sealed With Glitter,
CN

No comments:

Post a Comment