Feb 10, 2011

Collection Rave: J. Mendel Spring 2011 RTW

Stylists go to J. Mendel when they're looking for simple, chic and feminine.

I loved J. Mendel's Spring RTW collection this year, as much as I loved every other collection from him. It may be a tad bit similar with Elie Saab, but J. Mendel borders a little more on simple cuts (a la Calvin Klein) when Elie Saab is more about the curvy ruffles and cascading trains.

Let the collection speak for itself!


I believe Taylor Swift wore this number too. I love the pop of color on the orange heels.


This reminds me of Carrie Bradshaw's opening scene for SATC. Tutu love!


This one kind of remind me of the revolutionary Herve Leger bandage dresses.


I love the combination of pastel and vivid brights ♥


This number was my personal favorite. An out-of-the-box idea of a strapless and single-shoulder gown in one dress.


This gown reminded me so much of Calvin Klein, but I also noticed the sharp distinction between the two designers as the same time. Calvin Klein's version of this creme colored gown would have been straight and fit from top to bottom- For J. Mendel, the fit changes from fitting to softly flowing from the waist to bottom. If..that made sense..


My favorite finale piece. A la Demeter!

All picture credit to Elle.com


***

J. Mendel is an absolute genius. His collections always stand for the timeless fashion rule that less is indeed more.
The simple yet very flattering silhouettes all come to create impeccable pieces!
This is why I love myself some fashion.

Sealed With Glitter,
CN

No comments:

Post a Comment